5 KOREAN MOVIES THAT I RECOMMEND YOU WATCH WITH YOUR FRIENDS

Welcome to my blog, where I'll be discussing some of the best Korean movies that I think you should watch and recommend to your friends. Korean films have grown in popularity over the years due to their distinctive storytelling and engaging graphics. Korean movies have something for everyone, with genres ranging from romantic comedies to thrillers and tragedies. In this blog, I've handpicked some of the best Korean movies that will leave you and your friends speechless. So sit back, take some popcorn, and prepare to be amused by some of Korea's best films.


1.  20th Century Girl

Release date:    October 6, 2022

Running time:     119 minutes

SHORT PLOT:

A teen girl has her eyes set on a boy for her lovesick best friend. However, things become complicated when she falls in love and is forced to choose between love and friendship.

REASON WHY I LOVED:

To be honest, I have not been more into melodramatic movies ever since, I have never watched any dramatic Korean drama in my entire life. but this movie really changed my perspective on watching movies. Because of this movie, it really helped me discover more inspirational movies that really changed my life.

The plot was truly amazing; even though it had an unexpected plot twist that made me cry, it was still good. No exact words can describe how truly amazing the plot was. The 90's retro set also really got me to watch this, you know, I am such a big fan of watching retro movies. The actors also really fit the roles, and the casting director really did a good job, she or he deserves a big salary for doing his or her job well. The whole movie was epic, and it has a lot of lessons we can learn. So, this is highly recommended, not just for my friends but also for everyone.


2.  On Your Wedding Day

Release date:      August 22, 2018

Running time:     110 minutes

SHORT PLOT: 

A man receives a wedding invitation from his first love whom he met in high school. He reminisces all the trouble he went through to get together with her over the span of years beginning from youth, and how they had ups and downs in their life together. He finally goes to her wedding, and thanks her for being the shining star in his life and she thanks him for his support in need. He then walks away from her wedding function.

 REASON WHY I LOVED:

I don't know where to begin, but we know that every Park Bo Young movie is a masterpiece; I mean, it's always bop! and there is no reason why Koreans love her so much. But this is not all about Park Bo Young; as well as Kim Young Kwang, man... her visual?!? joke, haha, and I also love her performance in this movie.

The plot was so entertaining that it never made me feel bored while I was watching. Every scene is interesting from the beginning to the end, but there are scenes that are too vulgar, but it's okay. The characters, as I told you, are amazing in this movie. No words can truly describe how amazing their performances are in this movie. It's life lessons also, there are a lot of lessons that teens and adults can learn from this movie, and they can relate to them. I highly recommend watching this movie. You better have a tissue beside your seat before watching this movie.


3.  A Moment to Remember

Release Date:        November 5, 2004

Running Time:     117 min.

SHORT PLOT: 

A young couple's love is tested when Sun-jin is diagnosed with a rare form of Alzheimer's disease.

 REASON WHY I LOVED:

We also know that every Son Ye Jin movie is epic; it always leaves a space in our hearts. I mean, there is no doubt that the Koreans titled her their nation's first love, it's not about the visuals she carries, it's about how her acting was truly amazing.

Okay, but how does this movie manage to make me cry? I'm not used to crying over movies. Like, how the hell does this movie make me cry? Is it because of how truly amazing the plot was? or is it just the actor who truly portrayed their character well? or the official soundtracks? that uses classical music that I love? I don't know; I cannot write anymore to describe how truly amazing this movie was. You better watch it, message me, and let's cry together.

 

4.  Be with You

Release date:     March 14, 2018

Running time:     131 minutes

SHORT PLOT:

 A woman dies, leaving her husband and young son, but during the rain season, she comes back to life and has no memories. The three get together and are happy again, but she has to go back when the rain season ends.

 REASON WHY I LOVED:

Another Son Ye Jin movie that is a masterpiece. Let's be true, epic Korean movies = Son Ye Jin. I don't know how I will define the plot. Is FANTASTIC okay? or maybe more? haha, but to be honest, the plot is amazing; it also made me cry. The child actor also really got me. Like, how the hell did he manage to put on that kind of performance at such a young age? Maybe he was 5 or 6? Haha, at that age, I was busy eating crayons, I think. The set and other actors were truly amazing. I learned so many lessons from this movie, and I hope that the miracles that happen in the movie will also happen in real life. The movie is highly recommended for everyone; it is not all about romance; it's about family. So what are you waiting for? Go watch now!

 

5.  Ditto

Release Date:      November 16, 2022

Running Time:    1hr 54min

SHORT PLOT: 

two college students, So-eun and In, who discover they are able to communicate through a ham radio across time. Despite their initial disbelief, they soon form a deep connection as they learn about each other's lives and struggles.

REASON WHY I LOVED:

This movie is just a remake; I already watched the original, but this remake hits harder than the original. Is it just because of the good quality or the advanced equipment that was used in the movie? But seriously, I really love the plot and the actors in the movie. Jin Goo is really good in every movie that he has had, but this really hits different notes. This is absolutely a must-watch movie of the century! Haha, open your TV now and go watch it!

That concludes my list of the top Korean movies to watch and recommend to your friends. Korean cinema has a lot to offer, from heartwarming romances to intense thrillers, and I hope you enjoyed my list. Each film on this list offers something unique and wonderful, and I'm convinced you and your friends will find something to enjoy. So grab some snacks, settle in, and immerse yourself in the world of Korean films. Don't forget to leave your opinions and recommendations in the comments section below!


Comments

Popular Posts